Monday, 10 October 2016

New Season Nail Trends - Brights & Metallic Mirror Nails

The sun is shining, the weather is warm, the flowers are blooming and the birds are chirping! Yes, Spring is here!

I've already written about some of the changes I implement to my makeup and skin care routines in Spring including my use of highlighters and double cleansing.

In Spring I also change my nail polishes and nail designs. I put away my heavier, darker shades and bring out the brighter shades. 

Two recently released nail lacquers I've been using are these two Jamberry nail lacquers, the bright neon orange The Real Zing and the hot pink Kiss.


Jamberry The Real Zing and Kiss Nail Lacquers

Regular readers of my blog would know that I especially love all things pink and this pretty pink nail lacquer is certainly no exception.

These nail lacquers are $22 each and are 5 free. This means they contain NO DBP, formaldehyde, toulene, formaldehyde resin or camphor. 

Jamberry nail lacquers are available from the Jamberry Australia website HERE or from independent Jamberry consultants.

Another new season nail trend that I have been loving lately is metallic mirror nails, also known as chrome nails.

Now I am the first to admit that I have no talent what so ever in creating nail designs. So I cheat and use Jamberry nail wraps. 


Jamberry Gladiator, Metallic Chrome Silver & Metallic Gold Stripe. 

With no drying time, no smudging and quick application, Jamberry nail wraps are so easy to use! I have previously reviewed Jamberry's nail wraps HERE

These nail wraps cost $22 per sheet and are available from the Jamberry Australia website HERE or from your independent Jamberry consultant.

I also like to combine these two trends using a base of bright nail lacquer with a feature metallic mirror nail.


Jamberry Metallic Mirror Nail Wraps and 
Jamberry The Real Zing and Kiss Nail Lacquers


 Pin this post using the above Pin Button at the side 
for future nail inspiration.

What nail polish or nail design have you currently been using? 


xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

* Please note that these Jamberry products were gifted to me. 
Full disclosure policy here.

53 comments:

  1. I still can't believe how many options there are now when it comes to nail designs. I love having pretty nails but they never ever seem to last very long. If I had to pick - anything pink #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nail wraps last longer than nail polish. You should give them a try next time you want a nail design.

      Delete
  2. I love the whole Jamberry system. So much to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The choice is huge! Jamberry have every occasion possible covered it seems like.

      Delete
  3. I need to get a mani done soon. Just too many options on what to do though! Trangles xoxo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Sometimes the more choices you have the harder the decision making becomes!

      Delete
  4. I didn't realise that Jamberry did polishes too. I'm liking the metallic trend and am always a fan of the brights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamberry have quite a wide range of polishes! you can see the range on their website.

      Delete
  5. How good are those Jamberry lacquers? I love that they're free of the five nastiest chemicals commonly found in nail polishes! The best thing about jams is that they last so long - mine are currently 10 days in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Longevity is definitely a plus with the Jamberry wraps.

      Delete
  6. Love those colors! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty Spring and Summer colours!

      Delete
  7. Love a pink nail! I have some Jamberry wraps just waiting for an occasion (and the prep time) to rock them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pink too! I find the nail wraps quicker to prep and apply than nail polish.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Brights and metallics are my summer favourites!

      Delete
  9. What a fabulous idea! Love the pink xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As my nail design skills are minimal nail wraps are a fantastic cheat method for me!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Metallic stripes are always a bit special!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful! A friend of mine was selling Jamberry for a while but I think she has stopped now..
    I love painted nails, but sadly it seems the only time I paint them is when we have a function! I don't make the time for it in my day-today routine, but I should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having painted nails but I don't always have the time to do them. That's another reason I like the nail wraps, they last so much longer than painted nails.

      Delete
  12. I went to an online Jamberry party several months ago and bought some packs but haven't done anything about trying them yet. I've got short nails and am prone to pick and bite them, but like polish on my toenails in summer. I recently threw away ALL of nail polish (cos it was all very very old) so will need to buy something before summer is upon us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can see from the photos I've got short nails too! I gave up waiting for my nails to grow before painting them as my nails never seem to grow long!

      Delete
  13. OMG that looks amazing! I love that metallic feature nail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirralee! Metallic nails always feel a bit special!

      Delete
  14. These shades are gorgeous and the finished look with the Jamberry wrap is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di! Hot pinks and metallics are a favourite combination of mine!

      Delete
  15. I love Jamberry. I just got the shellac/gel kit to top my wraps with. I can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, I haven't tried this yet! Your wraps must last even longer with the shellac.

      Delete
  16. Such a great look: the pink and metallic goes beautiful together x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbe! This is a favourite combination of mine!

      Delete
  17. My daughter bought me bright pink nail polish for my birthday which is a complete diversion to my normal set of favourites. Perhaps I could give this a try. Although I may be a bit on the "mutton dressed as lamb" side of things ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanne! I'm sure you are not older than me! Anyone is allowed to wear bright nail polish these days! Give it a go this spring and summer!

      Delete
  18. Such a gorgeous mani there! Nice and ready for spring time :D Jackie - Lipstick, Lattes & Louboutins

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, another person who had no idea Jamberry did polishes!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. My nails have been badly neglected for the past couple of months. I've heard great things about Jamberry nails. Might have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give them a go! There are a few bloggers who are Jamberry consultants who would be able to assist you purchase the nail wraps and/or lacquer.

      Delete
  21. I too was surprised that there are now polishes in Jamberry. I am not into the nails thing at all but I do like seeing what others are up to! Thanks for linking up today at Life This Week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to join your link up each week Denyse!

      Delete
  22. I love the nail look you have created with the nail wrap as the feature nail! Jamberry have definitely secured their spot in the nail market and make it so easy to get salon style nails from the comfort of your home! Especially the chrome trend which is so big right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only since Jamberry entered the Australian market I've had lovely nail designs on my hands as opposed to just straight one colour polish.

      Delete
  23. Love these colour and great with the gold strips :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  24. How fun! I'm seriously contemplating trying wraps, because my nails are stained with concentrated vitamin c (oh, the tortures we undergo in the name of skincare LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Te wraps can hide all manner of nail problems!

      Delete
  25. I didn't realise Jamberry did polishes as well. Love those metallic wraps, they look awesome. I've wanted to get some wraps for a while, those gold stripes are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get some! There is such a large selection available nowadays! I'm wanting to get some Christmas wraps for myself and my daughter this year too!

      Delete
  26. Such pretty colours Ingrid, and I adore your mani. That pink Kiss is the perfect match for the lippie I'm wearing tomorrow, thanks for bringing it to my attention, and how good is it that there's no horrible stuff in the formula xxx

    ReplyDelete