Monday, 24 October 2016

Rimmel London Kate Moss 15th Anniversary Lipstick Collection - Review & Swatches

Rimmel London is celebrating the 15th Anniversary of collaborating with Kate Moss by releasing a special edition six lipstick collection of Kate's three favourite nude and three favourite red shades!

Kate is the ultimate London 'It Girl" with her edgy fashion and cool boho style. She has been Rimmel's muse since 2001 and has been the perfect spokesperson for their London Look.

The new Rimmel & Kate Moss 15th Anniversary lipstick collection celebrates the two different facets of Kate's fashion personality, both the red carpet idol and the boho goddess!

The shades themselves, as expected, are stunning, but before we even go there let's stop and admire the rose gold packaging of these anniversary lipsticks!!!


Rimmel London Kate Moss 15th Anniversary Lipstick Collection

OMG! Isn't this packaging just the most gorgeous and swoon-worthy packaging ever! It really gives these Rimmel lipsticks a truly luxurious look.

My love of rose gold shows no hint of waning! I absolutely love the look of these lipsticks!

 Ok, now I've settled down a little bit from my swoon, let's look at the lipstick shades themselves.

Going from left to right in the photo below the shades are:
  • 56 Boho Nude - a warm caramel toned nude
  • 55 My Nude - a neutral every day beige nude
  • 54 Rock 'n' Roll Nude - a peachy pink toned nude
  • 53 Retro Red - a deep berry red
  • 52 Idol Red - a vibrant orangey red, &
  • 51 Muse Red - a classic red.

Rimmel London Kate Moss 15th Anniversary Lipstick Collection

Swatches of these lipsticks can be seen below.

Rimmel London Kate Moss 
15th Anniversary Lipstick Collection Swatches

This collection really is Brit cool at its best!

These lipsticks have a lovely smooth and creamy texture. I found them to be soft and moisturising on my lips and thus very comfortable to wear all day.

All of these lipsticks are infused with light-reflecting black diamonds to give them a lovely sheen whilst providing an intense colour in just one swipe!

They offer a long lasting colour with up to 8 hours of wear. I was actually unable to fully remove the red swatches from my forearm using micellar water alone! Having said that however, I did find that like most lipsticks, I did need to reapply these lipsticks after eating and drinking.

In my opinion these lipsticks are great value for money. They retail for $13.95. 

I suggest you buy them quickly if you want them as they are limited edition lippies and will no doubt be very popular! 

If you are interested in buying them online you can click HERE to buy them from Priceline.


Priceline Protects

Are you a lover of nude or red lipsticks? Or both? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

These lipsticks were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

37 comments:

  1. I find it hard to try new colours, though at that price, I think I can give a few a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky that I get to try a lot of different shades but I do tend to have my regular favourites. I love it when I try a new shade I wouldn't normally reach for and it ends up looking amazing and becoming a new favourite. I'm all for trying new shades.

      Delete
  2. I'm neither - I'm definitely a pink lipstick girl. I do have a few reds in my stash, but I tend not to wear them due to the impact (having fair skin & all, they do stand out). Still, I enjoy wearing red when I decide to pop it on. Nudes in general make me look dead, but I could perhaps get away with something like Rock & Roll Nude if I tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like pinks too and wear these often!

      Delete
  3. I must say I am a nude girl (oops did I say that right??). I have small lips and find if I put too much colour on them, it makes my lips look even smaller. But nude colours - ahh they always make me feel dressed up and ready to go out. I love the Rock n Roll nude the best #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome colours with an affordable price tag too! I knew you'd love that rose gold packaging - the Rock n Roll gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - still addicted to rose gold and I suspect I always will be!

      Delete
  5. i've always wanted to try the rimmel kate moss lippies as i have heard great things about them. retro red from this limited edition collection looks like my kind of colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to lift my lipstick game I think! Love the rose gold packaging too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this collection, from the packaging to the shades and the creamy, comfortable formula. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look of Rock and Roll Nude - obsessed by lippies so thank you for enabling me! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rimmel does it again with a great looking, affordable collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I popped in store to grab these but missed out on two. They're just too gorgeous! xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely one of my favourite things from their new releases this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this collection is amazing - the packaging and colors. Can't wait to buy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the Muse Red and My Nude. They would be m colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Thanks for joining the Lovin' Life Linky!

      Delete
  14. Love the rose gold and love the lipstick colours! Gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love lipsticks. Love trying new colours. And love Kate Moss's boho cool style :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I spotted these in Priceline the other week but was in a bit of a hurry to try the different shades out, but I;d love to pick one up before the weekend as I am attanding a wedding and could do with a new lippie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I'd like both... I occasionally wear red and think matching lipstick is great, but if I wear lipstick it's usually something tamer. I can't wear other makeup (I sweat) so the only thing I can wear is lipstick so I feel dressed-up when I put it on!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like that retro red - probably cos I'm old! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need them all, just to look pretty on my dressing table. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. These lipsticks are gorgeous! I can't get enough of rock n roll nude! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loveee the rose gold packaging, it's so beautiful!! And the shades are all so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Retro Red is my pick and my gosh, the rose gold packaging! X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for linking up today for Life This Week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these colors! Especially the nudes! When I wear lipstick I tend to go for nudes over reds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great colour selection! I love both colours, but lean towards more red-pinks. Nudes wash me out too much, or maybe I just haven't found "my" nude yet! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am always looking for great lipstick. I would like to invite you to link up with us at Family Joy Blog Link Up Party this week. Check us out http://ow.ly/IEfD305FfQn

    ReplyDelete
  27. I want some of these! Yes, the packaging is stunning, and ever Rimmel lip product I've ever owned is awesome! Must look for these!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanks for the review Ingrid! I haven't really touched mine cos I don't feel that the set contain any colours I'd wear on a daily basis - good think I can see your swatches to confirm this! I think i'll end up giving them away to workmates

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great colours! I wish I could get away with orange. It just doesn't suit me at all…boohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the Rock n Roll nude, am definitely seeking that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love my nude and boho nude!! How gorgeous are they!! Jackie (Lipstick, Lattes & Louboutins)

    ReplyDelete
  32. They sure are purty Ingrid - I have the Retro Red and love it, but I can see by your swatches that I DEFINITELY need the other two as well lol ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete