Monday, 14 November 2016

Lancome Cushion Blush Subtil Review

Lancome is such an iconic luxury beauty brand. Created over 80 years ago in 1935 it has continuously innovated and adapted its products over the years to meet women's real needs.

In 2015 Lancome was the first Western beauty brand to create a cushion foundation. It's latest cushion foundation is the Teint Idole Ultra Cushion.

Since then Lancome has also developed another innovative product, the Cushion Blush Subtil.

I was lucky enough to receive one of these recently released Lancome Cushion Blush Subtils in the shade Sparkling Framboise to trial.

This blush comes in a minimalistic glossy black plastic case with the Lancome signature rose on the lid.


Lancome Cushion Blush Subtil

The inside of the lid conveniently contains a mirror enabling easy application of this blush when out and about and on the go.

The sponge applicator is stored in this compartment opposite the mirror. You then flip open the base of this section to reveal the cushion blush itself. The cushion blush is quite small but it packs a powerful vibrant effect. 

Lancome Cushion Blush Subtil in Sparkling Framboise

You can vary the intensity of the blush by the amount of pressure you apply to the cushion with the sponge.

For a sheer tint of colour you just tap the cushion gently with the sponge. A little of this fluid blush goes a long way.

For a more intense colour you apply a medium amount of pressure to the cushion to release a bit more of the fluid blush.

You can use either the sponge applicator provided with the blush or your fingers to apply.

I found this blush to result in a lovely fresh dewy and youthful looking finish. 

It's an impressive, innovative and fun product to use.   

The Lancome Cushion Blush Subtil retails for $60. It comes in seven rosy or orange variations. 

It is available at all Lancome counters nationally in David Jones and Myer stores and other selected retailers. It is also available for purchase online via the www.lancome.com.au website.
If you enjoyed this review you may also enjoy my review of the 
Lancome Juicy Shaker tinted lip oil. Click HERE to read this additional review.

Lancome Juicy Shaker in Mangoes Wild

Do you use liquid blushes? Or powder blushes? 
Have you used a cushion blush?


xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

The pictured Lancome Cushion Blush Subtil was kindly gifted to me. All opinions are my own. 
Full disclosure policy here.

34 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I never use blush because in this heat, I'm always quite red enough! The liquid blush thing is so clever, isn't it? And a mirror in the compact is always a win win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used a cushion blush but I do love a cushion foundation. This looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it the Lancome cushion foundation you've used?

      Delete
  3. I don't used blush as I have a red complexion and don't need any more colour! This sounds like a great blush for those who do need a bit more colour though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girls have found the coolest blush... I can't for the life of me think of the brand but it's gold and sparkles #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gold and sparkley sounds like something my daughter would love too!

      Delete
  5. I have a liquid blush I am using at the moment. I just have to make sure I don't press too much on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I've never heard of a 'cushion blush' before, will have to go and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear what you think of it if you get a chance to try one.

      Delete
  7. This looks like it would be fun to use! I like the vibrant colour of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks gorgeous! I love the cushion concept!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never tried a cushion blush...nut now I want too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying new and innovative products!

      Delete
  10. I've never even heard of a cushion blush!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I've never heard of blush being presented in this way but I love the concept! I want to try it! #TeamLovinLife :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't worn blush in years and never quite got its location right... Perhaps my cheekbones were too buried in fat for me to work out where they were! :-)

    I've never heard of the cushion blush either, but like the sound of a cushion foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That whole liquid blush thing is very interesting. I don't understanding it so will have to go for a trial one of these days! I actually wear bronzer rather than blush. That's probably soooooo 1990s ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still wear blush and love Lancome cosmetics. I haven't heard of the 'cushion' method of application but I certainly don't like it when women haven't blended their blush properly and look like cupie dolls! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love blusher - but I've never used a cushion blush. Very keen to try it now :) #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds lovely.
    I had an all-time fave Lancome blush which was from their Blush Subtil range. It was a pale pink with a shimmer. It was discontinued. I still weep! Will have to see if there's a suitable colour for me in their new range.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not a big fan of any liquid products for contouring, blush or highlighting. And definitellu don't like the concept of cushion, all I can see are bacteria (I know, I'm freak :D ). Otherwise the color the color is beautiful, but kinda scary for blush. :D

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Lancome Blushes and the cushion concept is a nice interesting concept. i am willing to try some cushion products in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like how you post so many helpful reviews for your readers. Thanks for linking up. Denyse. #lifethisweek

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am not a blush wearer, but this sounds like a great new product. I could see it would last a while too, if you're not using much pressure at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still haven't opened mine yet, I'm scared that once I do it'll just dry out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the sound of this, especially for a dewy, fresh makeup look! I will have to check it out :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful product, I have never tried cushion blush but I do love cushion foundations.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm dying to try some of these cushion products. from foundations to blushes!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gosh Ingrid looks like a stunner of a colour, and the packaging is magnificent. Lancome never fails to deliver something special that's for sure - definitely a late addition to my Christmas wish list xxx

    ReplyDelete