Monday, 5 December 2016

Christmas & New Years Eve Outfit Inspiration

Do you trawl the shops and the internet in December in search of that illusive new perfect dress for Christmas and New Years Eve, getting more and more desperate as it nears Christmas Day?

Well that's normally me! But I'm happy to say that this year is different!

Yes you read correctly, this year I have already found both my new Christmas dress and New Year's Eve dress from the same shop, no less!

Firstly let's look at my criteria for a new Christmas dress.

We usually celebrate our family Christmas at our house with all our extended family. We enjoy cooling dips in the pool, the kids chase our local Santa in his red fire truck up the street as he throws them lollies and then we eat, and eat, and eat whilst catching up on all our news and milestones from the year.

So my Christmas dress needs to be:
  • Cool and suitable for a hot summer's day
  • Easy to take on and off between swims
  • Colourful as I love wearing colour especially in Summer
  • Comfortable, allowing me to move around the kitchen preparing and serving food
  • Flattering - everyone wants to look good don't they?! and
  • Able to accommodate a big lunch!
As a size 16 I fall into the inbetweenie category where I can wear both larger standard size clothes and also smaller plus size clothes. beme is a plus sized fashion shop where I often find the perfect outfit no matter what the occasion. beme know how to flatter a larger figure beautifully. 

Here is this year's Christmas dress that I found at beme. I've done the 'undie tuck' in these photos but you can just let the kaftan hang if you prefer. 

Either way this kaftan passes my twirl test!








Now moving onto my New Year's Eve dress criteria.

For New Year's Eve I like my dress to be:
  • Comfortable as it is a loooong night and I need to be able to dance comfortably in it!
  • Cool enough for a hot Summer night
  • Flattering, skimming over the stomach area and with some upper arm coverage 
  • Interesting and dramatic as well as sophisticated for a special evening look.
Usually it takes quite a lot of searching to find the perfect dress meeting my criteria but this year I found my dress easily and quickly, once again at beme. It's the beautiful black beme Elbow Sleeve Lace Kaftan Dress.


beme Elbow Sleeve Black Lace Kaftan Dress

I absolutely love the stunning sheer lace overlay of this dress which adds a touch of sexiness and sophistication to this dress!

Spot my photobombing Charlize Bunny in this photo. She was hopping all around me whilst the photos were being taken.

Beme Elbow Sleeve Black Lace Kaftan Dress

This dress totally passes my twirl and dancing test too!

Beme Elbow Sleeve Black Lace Kaftan Dress

Charlize wanted to be photographed too! I just needed to hold her paws firmly to ensure she didn't rip the lace panels.

Beme Elbow Sleeve Black Lace Kaftan Dress

One of the benefits of this dress is its versatility. It is easy to dress up with a pair of heels like I have done and some blingy jewellery, or you can also dress it down with some comfortable flats or sandals. 

This dress could actually take you from poolside to evening dance floor depending on your choice of shoes and accessories. I love dresses that I know I will get loads of wear out of!

If you are an inbetweenie or plus sized lady I highly recommend looking either in-store or online at beme for dresses and outfits for any occasion ranging from everyday casual to sophisticated evening wear! Beme frequently have brilliant sales and special discounts throughout the year! I always seem to find what I'm looking for at beme!


Priceline

Have you chosen your Christmas & New Years Eve outfits yet? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

* My New Years Eve dress was kindly gifted by beme. Full disclosure policy here.


56 comments:

  1. I love the dance and twirl test!!! They both look amazing. I love the colourful one. Perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twirlability is important in a party dress! Lol! Thanks Renee!

      Delete
  2. I have a new dress on the way from the states. The brand is LulaRoe. Have you heard of them? Amazing styles and colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just googled LulaRoe. What a beautiful collection!

      Delete
  3. Both outfits are completely gorgeous. And love the undie tuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyna! I was so happy to have found both these dresses so early! No last minute outfit panics for me this year for once!

      Delete
  4. I haven't chosen my outfits yet, but I have a rough idea of what I'll wear at Christmas since I already own it. I am after a new dress for NYE & I've got my eye on 2 different dresses, but I'll wait until after Christmas & pray that I get either of them in my size haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I hope you get what you want in the post Christmas sales!

      Delete
  5. I love the Christmas dress - bright and cool, so just perfect.

    I never do anything on NYE so am usually in my summer PJs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! Kaftans are just so easy to wear in Summer and I love this colourful design!

      Delete
  6. Oh I love both! lus that bunny is super adorable! Kaftans and colour are my favourite essential summer staple x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlize is super adorable but I admit I'm totally biased! I was a bit worried that with all my twirling I would end up stepping on her! Luckily I didn't!

      Delete
  7. I don't even know what I am doing for nye let alone picked a dress! They both look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a good NYE whatever you decide to do.

      Delete
  8. Both look fabulous. I haven't chosen an outfit yet, I have a couple of dresses I'll choose from though, depending on the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi! It's lovely to have a choice of a couple of outfits depending on the weather.

      Delete
  9. You look lovely in both dresses - love your photo bomber too!!! Like you I'm in that "in-betweenie" category of size 16. I will have to check out the BeMe range next time I'm in Rockmans - I always thought it would be too big for me, before.

    Visiting from #teamIBOT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The XS and the size 14 in beme's range should fit you well if you are a size 16 in standard clothing.

      Delete
  10. I love your twirl test! I really like the black one (and I always look for upper arm coverage too lol) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The twirl test is fun - and totally essential - lol!

      Delete
  11. Helloooooooooooo mama!! Trangles xoxo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, reading and commenting Trangles!

      Delete
  12. Both of your dresses are on point. Especially love the black new-years eve dress. Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That black dress is gorgeous!! Suits you perfectly! I also love the first one too, it's so much fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both gorgeous on you! Love the colourful kaftan!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colourful kaftan is something I would wear too. And twirlability is truly something to be considered in buying kaftans and dresses. xx

    Jacq
    jacqwritesworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love these but the black is my favorite maybe because I am obsessed with lace? hahah

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these ! The black dress is awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg you reminded me I haven't even thought about my outfits for Christmas or NYE! Eek! I absolutely adore the second dress - I'm a size 16 too so I'm definitely checking out the brand! xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beme is a great place to shop if you're a size 16! Definitely check them out!

      Delete
  19. Oh wow, you're soooo organised.
    I have no idea what I'll be wearing, and will prob run around last min trying to find something.
    Looking hot!
    Loi | http://loreebloom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! I don't know about organised, I prioritised getting my outfits over being organised with Christmas presents! Now I have to go shopping for about 20 Christmas presents next week! Wish me luck!

      Delete
  20. You Look fabulous in both Ingrid, but that Christmas day dress is so vibrant and pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev! I love being colourful on Christmas! It's such a happy day for me!

      Delete
  21. Your Christmas dress is so colourful and beautiful! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I couldn't agree more, it's so important for a dress to meet all the criteria!

    I love the black lace dress the best, but both are super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow your very organised Ingrid. I did buy two new dresses recently thinking they'd be great over the festive season but haven't quite got as far as to plan each occasions outfit. Love a dress to twirl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These dresses look so good on you omg!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the Kaftans they look amazing 😍

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love both these frocks on you!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. That bunny is a great accessory!
    #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just love the coloured dress so perfect for this Festive time of year and NY parties. I love that it is loose fitting as in Australia, New Year can be sweltering. The black looks elegant as well. Good choices! Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  29. The black dress is very very flattering and sophisticated, but I love the colourful Kaftan the best on you :) #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
  30. That kaftan is absolutely gorgeous and so appropriate for Christmas. The colours are gorgeous on you. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love them both #Sorrynothelping :) #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hahaha this was me yesterday. I went to so many different stores and still did not find quite the dress I was looking for. Hmmmph. I will have to try the Internet I suppose. Both your dresses are wonderful!

    Nina
    aworldofdresses.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love color, but the black lace kaftan is so pretty , great details for the holidays
    thanks for linking up with Turning heads tuesday
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for linking up to our joined fashion and style party.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous! I love the black dress! I'e already got my holidays outfits sorted too so I'm also feeling pretty accomplished

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Ingrid, I also live in Sydney and can appreciate your criteria in choosing party outfits. I like the colours of the kaftan and the black dress is sublime
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love it. Please check out my new VS Angel inspired hair tutorial!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove

    Twitter @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  38. Both of these dresses look fabulous on you! Perfect matches for your criteria!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  39. Pretty!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete