Monday, 23 January 2017

1 Kennedys Boutique Alison Blouse Styled 4 Ways

Being a part time working mum with a corresponding part time salary I need my clothes to be capable of double, triple and even quadruple duty! 

I need multi-tasking clothing items that are versatile, adapting from casual and smart casual weekend and day-off wear to corporate work wear in an office.

If an item of clothing also allows itself to be dressed up for evening wear then it's a definite winner in my eyes!

Well you'll be glad to know that I have found just such a blouse and I'm more than happy to share my find with you.

It's the Alison blouse from Kennedys Boutique, a lovely local boutique just two suburbs away from me! Luckily for you it also has an online store HERE



The Alison blouse is a simple top with loose fitting and flowing woven rayon fabric which is perfect for beating the Summer heat. 

It is flatteringly designed to skim the body hiding all manner of unwanted lumps, and has little cap sleeves that hang perfectly off the body. 

It comes in S - XXL sizes and in a wide range of colours and prints including the red I have featured below. Other colours and prints include classic black, lime, navy, navy circle print, green & white print, and aqua print. 


CASUAL

The red Alison blouse combines perfectly with denim for a casual weekend look. I choose a denim skirt in this photo but you could just as easily wear it with denim shorts or jeans depending on the temperature and your plans for the day.

In addition to my denim skirt I teamed it with a Kennedys Boutique Scarf to add some extra interest to my outfit and my trusty KMart panama hat.




This oufit is budget friendly with the Kennedys Boutique Alison blouse being priced at $59, the scarf $45 and the hat $12.

SMART CASUAL

Sometimes I need to up my style a bit from completely casual to a smarter casual look.

The Alison blouse easily accommodates the smart casual look. Here I swapped my denim skirt for some smarter white pants and Naturalizer gold snake lace up sandals. A white skirt also works well.




WORK

I work three part time days a week in a relaxed corporate office. Although I probably could get away with wearing the above smart casual look to work I do need to look a bit more corporate on other days.

Once again the Alison blouse is easy to adapt for work wear. Here I added black work pants, my black briefcase and black strappy sandals.



EVENING

I was super excited to realise that this blouse was one of those elusive quadruple duty clothing items that could be styled across the whole spectrum from casual to evening wear.

Here I styled it with my long black maxi skirt, an evening sequinned black clutch and my black lace up Wittner heels.




If you want to check out the other colours and prints available in the Kennedys Boutique Alison blouse click HERE.




Which of the above stylings (casual, smart casual, work or evening) do you prefer? 

Do you have any other styling suggestions for me? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

This Kennedys Boutique Alison Blouse and Scarf were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

27 comments:

  1. Looking good. Love the colour on you. Not sure I can pick a favourite look, love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very versatile top. I love the length on it too. I think the casual look with the white is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the most versatile tops I own!

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely blouse. Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is versatile and I love the colour on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammie! I don't have too many red items in my wardrobe but I think I will definitely be buying more!

      Delete
  5. Looking good girl! Love your hat and Wittner laceups too. I have these items in my wardrobe also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jody! The hat is my current favourite! And a total bargain too!

      Delete
  6. Love these kinds of tops - they are so flattering and so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colour really suits you - lovely and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loooove the look of that blouse! I am definitely going to be getting one, it's exactly what I've been looking for. Love how versatile it is too!
    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worn mine so much since receiving it! Definitely versatile!

      Delete
  9. Love the colour on you Ingrid, looks great! Out of all the looks, I'm digging the smart casual one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smart casual styling is probably my favourite too Shell!

      Delete
  10. Love the outfit with the white pants the most, but the top really does look great in all those styles. I love versatile clothes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colour so vibrant for summer. Also love the styling from Casual to Evening out. We don't need many clothes do we? We just need to know how to style them. Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful colour! Looks lovely on you.
    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love clothing that can be worn so many different ways and like you need it to work between school drop off, looking after a baby, working from home, going out to meet clients and then night time stuff. Perfect! Love the colour too. Eva - The Multitasking Woman/Knotlace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like the cap sleeves. Very flattering

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so good on you and versatile too. Thank you for linking up for Life This Week 5/52. Next week's prompt is "How Much Money is Enough".

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it with the white pant. I was never a fan of white pants (I never keep things clean), I bought some recently and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the different ways you can style the one top hun :) nice work!

    Sammy | bargainbaglady.com XX

    ReplyDelete