Tuesday, 24 January 2017

5 Australia Day Essentials

Australia Day is normally spent outdoors for me and my family, usually near the water, enjoying the festivities either on Sydney Harbour or at the beach, or quite often both at varying points in the day!

Below are five of my Australia Day essentials.


5 Australia Day Essentials


Sunscreen

This is my number one Australia Day essential!

Regular readers of Fabulous and Fun Life would know that I am a strong and passionate advocate of wearing sunscreen given my history of malignant melanoma.

Hamilton is an iconic Australian made and owned sunscreen brand with products perfectly suited to our unique Australian lifestyle. What better brand to wear on Australia Day!

I especially love the dry-touch technology in the Hamilton Active Family SPF50+ Sunscreen. This suncreen is sweat resistant, 4 hours water resistant and offers broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection.

The Hamilton Every Day Face SPF50+ Sunscreen offers very high protection with a sheer tint and a light matte finish. It provides invisible, super comfortable protection for the face and neck. 


Hamilton Active Family SPF50+  &
Hamilton Every Day Face SPF50+ Sunscreen


Australia Day Outfit

I don't consider myself an overly patriotic person most of the year but on Australia Day
I love to get into the spirit of the day by wearing Australian colours.

In previous years I have tried wearing green and yellow, but lets face it green and yellow are not flattering on anyone! Just look at all the ugly green and yellow Olympic uniforms of the past if you need convincing of this!

So by Australian colours I mean blue, white and red, the colours of the Australian flag, which are much more flattering! Australian Olympic Committee take note!

This year I'm tossing up between wearing my Navy Circle Alison blouse or my Red Alison blouse from Kennedy's Boutique on Australia Day. Both tops are loose fitting, cool and super comfortable to wear. 


Kennedy's Boutique The Alison blouse in Navy Circle & in Red

Hat 

A hat is also an essential for me whenever I'm enjoying the outdoors, especially in Summer. 

The above pictured Kmart hat will be firmly on my head on Australia Day giving me added protection from the heat and the damaging rays of the sun.

Australia Day Accessories

Whilst I don't like wearing the actual Australian flag emblazoned over my clothing, I'm more than happy to wear it on my nails on Australia Day, usually as a highlight nail.

These Aussie themed nail wraps are from Jamberry who have nail wraps for every occasion and public holiday including Australia Day. 

Also do check out their Valentine's Day nail wraps too.

I am so envious of nail artists who are capable of creating amazing nail art of all descriptons. Unfortunately I have not been blessed with such a talent. That's why I am so grateful for Jamberry nail wraps being available in Australia. 

Whenever I want a change from my normal nail polish I reach for my Jamberrys. They are so easy to apply and I love the constantly changing wide variety of designs available.

Australia Day Jamberrys

Hydrating Mist Toner

This might seem like a strange Australia Day essential but trust me, you'll thank me for this one if it's a hot day!

I read a tip on Instagram recently about popping the Trilogy Hydrating Mist Toner in the fridge before use which I did. 

The following day I was packing drinks, fruit and salads into our esky for a picnic, saw my Hydrating Mist Toner in the fridge and decided to pop it in the esky next to the ice brick.

Well .... BEST. MOVE. EVER!

It was a stinking hot heatwave Summer Day and even sitting in the shade the picnic was HOT! You have got no idea how instantly revitalising, cooling, soothing and refreshing spritzing this cold product onto my face during the picnic was.


Needless to say my bottle emptied significantly as it was passed around every female at the picnic!

Now I wouldn't pop this product into my handbag but if you are taking an esky or cooler bag with you on Australia Day you should try this! Let me know what you think if you do!


Trilogy Hydrating Mist Toner


Do You Have Any Additional Australia Day Essentials? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

The Hamilton sunscreens, Jamberry nail wraps and Alison blouses were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.


27 comments:

  1. I don't know why they insist on making our Olympic athletes look so awful in their uniforms haha. I like your outfits, very nice! The mist is intriguing - and thanks for reminding me about the Priceline sale, I meant to go grab a few things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Priceline 40% off sale is the best time to shop for beauty items!

      Delete
  2. I love the red, white and blue outfits!

    And completely agree with the list. I've been out for an early morning walk and debated putting sunscreen on or not. I probably should have but didn't... (though was back by 7.30am!) And I did wear a hat. #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfits in red, white and blue they look fab! Happy Australia Day and yes we can't forget the sunscreen. Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfits. I'm spending Aus Day in a Bali beach dress rather attractively tucked into my knickers as I start packing the house up to move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Australia Day! I love both your outfits and I am ogling that mist toner on this hot Brisbane day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Australia Day!

    Gorgeous hat and I love those nail transfers.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both your outfits and thanks for the tip on the mist toner :) Definitely going to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the blue circle top, it looks more Australian because it reminds me of the aboriginal art style I think it's called pointillia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunscreen is a must for Australia Day (or any summer day!) Those nail wraps are so much fun too! Love them!!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also all about sunscreen. This is so important to protect our skin! I like your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Australia Day outfits! I need that hat. I had one, but it got really dirty and mushed from being carted overseas and back too many times.
    #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fresh and polished as always!
    Love me a good, refreshing spritzer too! I like Avene.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those jams! With so many designs, my nails can always match the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that scarf/necklace is a great accessory! Hope you had a wonderful Australia day whatever you wore to celebrate in the end. I think both outfits are lovely. I wore green and had gold accessories, haha! We just had a picnic - I agree getting outdoor sis a lovely way to spend Australia day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You definitely need some sunscreen for Australia Day. Thanks for linking up to the Ultimate Rabbit Hole - from Shari over at www.goodfoodweek.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  16. My Australia Day essentials are my kids. My son is an Australia Day baby so we usually do whatever he wants to do. He's not a party boy, and this year, having started back at school the same week, he asked for a sleep-in. Which meant missing the Australia Day festivities in our town. (They started early because of the heat). Then it was a home-cooked favourite breakfast, and a visit with my Mum at her nursing home (we took cake). Quiet night in the air-con. We're hoping to go to the city or a beach when it's not so hot and the kids aren't so tired from being back at school. I'll need some of your essentials then!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That mist toner would so come in handy on those hot days!! Love the jamberry flag nails too!! Hope you had a lovely Australia day :)

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yessss SPF 50+!!!!! So important especially as it was 42 in Perth on Australia Day! Great post :)

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the second red outfit, you look amazing. And those nail wrap? How patriotic and cute. :)

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love the red outfit on you and the hat is also super cute ! happy Australian day !

    ReplyDelete
  21. The toner mist was a must have for me too heheh xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whatever outfit you chose to wear Ingrid, I bet you looked super smart - and the Aussie nails were a terrific idea too ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your outfits and the sunscreen sounds pretty good! I agree, sunscreen is one of the best accessories in the summer months, that and a hat and sunglasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just have to try those jamberry nails! Thanks for sharing at #OverTheMoon!

    ReplyDelete