Monday, 27 February 2017

BeautyHeaven Glosscar Awards Marketplace Event

I was lucky to be invited to the recent beautyheaven Glosscar Awards Marketplace event.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Glosscar Awards they are an annual event hosted by beautyheaven that celebrates the best beauty products released in the previous year as voted on by the public.

The Glosscar awards are massive! There are over 600 products nominated in 70+ catogories!

Voting by us, the public, is open until 6 March 2017 and the winners are announced on beautyheaven on 3 April 2017!


beautyheaven Glosscar Awards Marketplace

The annual Glosscar Award winners are a handy reference of awesome recently released products. If you can't decide which product to buy in a certain category you can refer to the Glosscar Award winners. By choosing a Glosscar Award winning product you can't go wrong!

Let me share with you some of the beauty products nominated for the 2017 Glosscar Awards that were highlighted at the beautyheaven marketplace event.

For your convenience where possible I have inserted links 
indicating where you can purchase each of these products from.

A'kin Dry Shampoo was an exciting discovery for me! Thanks to the inclusion of natural bamboo in addition to the usual dry shampoo ingredient of rice powder this dry shampoo absorbs four times as much excess oil as most other dry shampoos on the market leaving hair full and fresh for longer, adding instant volume and texture.

The other huge advantage of this dry shampoo is that it leaves no white residue in your hair. Perfect for dark haired dry shampoo loving girls! 

Having recently spent some time in hospital where I didn't wash my hair on my regular schedule I have already put this dry shampoo to very good use! 

A'kin Dry Shampoo

Another A'kin product nominated for the Glosscar Awards is the A'kin Certified Organic Rosehip Oil with Vitamin C.

This product combines the nourishing benefits of rosehip oil with the brightening power of vitamin C. It has a non greasy and fast absorbing formula and I'm looking forward to trialing this product more over the upcoming colder seasons.

Doesn't the new A'kin packaging look good too!


A'Kin Certified Organic Rosehip Oil With Vitamin C

Trilogy Rosehip Oil Light Blend is another product I'm excited to try. It's a certified organic seed oil formulated for oily/combination skin. Sometimes, especially in Summer, I find the normal rosehip oil too heavy for my skin. I'm hoping this oil will suit me better during those times whilst still providing me with the radiant skin I'm looking for.


Trilogy Rosehip Oil Light Blend


As you can imagine with over 70 product categories in the Glosscar Awards there is a category for everything including a category for Best New Feminine/Women's Health Product which includes the intimate personal lubricant pjur med Vegan glide


pjur med VEGAN glide


The Goodness Break-up Make-up Balm is a makeup remover that wipes away all traces of makeup. The balm contains coconut oil, avocado oil and certified organic chia oil so it's no wonder it feels so nourishing and hydrating on the skin. It is vegan and free from artificial fragrances!

Goodness Break-Up Make-Up Balm


I have already started using my gifted Goodness Be Cool Mist Toner. It is so refreshing to spritz on my face especially on a hot day! For even more of a cooling effect you can store it in your fridge before use like I do.

It's a multi-purpose facial toner that can cool your face in any given situation. It is enriched with aloe vera juice, coconut water and extracts from chia, cucumber and celery. 

It can also be used on your body or to set your makeup.

I'm already totally in love with this product! It's a definite winner in my eyes!  


Goodness Be Cool Mist Toner

This Palmolive Oil Infusion Body Wash Rose With Macadamia Oil is enriched with the essential oils of rose and macadamia to nourish the skin and is so divinely scented with peony rose! It is formulated to uplift and revitalise - exactly what I need right now! I can't wait to start using this body wash.

Palmolive Oil Infusions Body Wash
Rose with Macadamia Oil

The Palmolive Oil Infusion Body Moisturiser Rose With Macadamia Oil is deeply hydrating, once again enriched with rose and macadamia oil. It has a non-greasy formula and absorbs quickly into the skin. It left a lovely and subtle lingering rose fragrance on my skin.

Palmolive Oil Infusions Body Moisturiser
Rose With Macadamia Oil

PRICELINE

Colgate has created a new Optic White High Impact White Toothpaste. I'm excited to start using this as it claims to deliver visibly whiter teeth up to 4 shades whiter! This toothpaste also claims to be enamel safe and being Colgate it is such a trusted brand! Like any toothpaste should it also fights plaque, tartar and cavities, and promotes stronger enamel and fresher breath! Oh yes please!


Colgate Optic White High Impact White Toothpaste

The final product I will share with you in this post is the new Trilogy Rosapene Radiance Serum. It's a facial serum that hydrates, refreshes and instantly smooths your skin. It includes a blend of rosehip oil and the powerful antioxidant complex Rosapene, so it nourishes your skin whilst also protecting it from free radical damage. 

The additional ingredients of sea algae and aloe help boost skin radiance and maintain moisture balance and soothe the skin. It's another winning product in my opinion but let's see how everyone else votes too!

Trilogy Rosapene Radiance Serum and
Trilogy Rosehip Oil Light Blend


In other exciting news beautyheaven is celebrating it's 10th birthday this year! 

If you're a beauty lover and you're not already a member of beautyheaven make sure you join up asap and regularly check the beautyheaven website as I've been advised that there will be numerous exciting celebratory activities happening throughout this year! 

Happy 10th Birthday beautyheaven!

Some of the Glosscar Award Nominated Products

Are you interested in trying any of these above nominated products?

Do you have an all time favourite product that you think 

should be nominated for an award?



xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

The above products were kindly gifted to me at the beautyheaven marketplace event for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

43 comments:

  1. I almost put my hand up to go to this event, but chickened out. I kicked myself for it once I saw what went down!

    I'd be keen to try all the Goodness (the cleansing balm might be a worry since avocado oil breaks me out), A'kin (the dry shampoo doesn't contain alcohol from memory) & Trilogy products, just quietly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely put your hand up for the next event! The beautyheaven ladies and other bh members are so friendly and the events are so much fun! Often with the bh events you can ask a friend along too!

      Delete
  2. The break-up make-up balm looks great - much less abrasive then what I'm using right now I would hazard a guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing makeup remover and very different to the makeup remover I was using prior it.

      Delete
  3. That would have been such a cool event to attend! Yay that you could go! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very lucky to have attended such a fun event!

      Delete
  4. Some of these products look really good! Id like to try some of the organic ones

    x
    Ironic Minimalist | www.ironicminimalist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be interested to hear what you think of them!

      Delete
  5. That Dry Shampoo sounds so so so well!! :D

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the dry shampoo is a real winner!

      Delete
  6. Some very tempting products there Ingrid! What a fabulous event to have attended - lucky you! :-) #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very lucky having attended this event Min! I love learning about new and recently launched products!

      Delete
  7. Oh I like the idea of rosehip oil and vitamin C! I'm going to have to look that out once I need to replace my current one :)

    Hope you are having a really good week :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the beauty industry is constantly launching improved products!

      Delete
  8. Who knew there were such awards! Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to share the news about these great awards.

      Delete
  9. Love the sound of these awards! (WAY more exciting than the Oscars!)
    Must seek out the Akin dry shampoo. It sounds fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's obviously where they got their inspiration from! It's a clever concept!

      Delete
  10. Never heard of these awards...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe - lucky you've got me to tell you about them! ;)

      Delete
  11. Oh I've heard about A'kin Dry Shampoo before, now it is definitely on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dry shampoo sounds like a winner. Since my hair is usually 90% dry shampoo when Friday rolls around, I am always looking for new and improved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's quite a haul. I love the look of that dry shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the dry shampoo is the product that appeals to the most people here!

      Delete
  14. what a great event! Anything A'Kin gets my vote! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the passion with which you embrace this post! Thanks for linking up for #lifethisweek 10/52. Next week: My Favourite Colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denyse! I must admit I do have a passion for trying new products and sharing my opinions with others!

      Delete
  16. I'd definitely give the dry shampoo a go. My hair is so oily that it might actually make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually manage to not wash my hair for an extra one to two days if needs be by using dry shampoo!

      Delete
  17. I've tried dry shampoo but I don't know if it works. Does that sound odd?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound a little bit odd. Maybe try a different brand of dry shampoo. The A'kin one absorbs four times the oil of other dry shampoos so if any of them are going to work on your hair this one should!

      Delete
  18. So many great products~ I wish I could use Rosehip oil for all of it's anti-aging benefits but it always makes me breakout. :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Been meaning to try the Akin dry shampoo.

    I love the Palmolive Oil Infusions liquid soap so will look out for this moisturizer. Sounds like heaven!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a terrific idea to have a showcasing event prior to the voting - already in love with that Goodness Balm ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have never seen the palmolive body wash and body moisturizer here ! I love palmolive and i really want to try these ! really interesting !

    clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many gorgeous products! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an awesome event!! I'm so keen to try that Goodness Break-Up Make-Up Balm

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looked like such an amazing event! I am so excited to try some of these new beauties :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like a fab event. Really wishing Perth would up their beauty event game this year. #openslather

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loads of great products there. The cool mist toner sounds amazing and relaxing for summer! The Palmolive infusions seem worth a look too.

    ReplyDelete