Monday, 20 February 2017

Harvest Garden Product Reviews

Harvest Garden is an Australian family owned business creating skincare products from nature with two simple philosophies.

Firstly, Harvest Garden believes you should be able to read a label and understand the ingredients.

Secondly, Harvest Garden believes that what you put ON your body is as important as what you put IN it!

I totally agree!

As a result when I was given the opportunity to trial three Harvest Garden bath and beauty products I was so excited and accepted instantly!


Harvest Garden Products 

Matcha Body Scrub with Peppermint, Passionflower & Bamboo

A cooling and invigorating scrub packed full of botanical extracts, vitamins and antioxidants. Designed to exfoliate dead skin cells, soothe tired and aching muscles and reveal softer, smoother skin.

Harvest Garden Match Body 

The first thing that struck me when I opened this snap lock sealed packaging was the divine peppermint scent of the body scrub. This alone refreshed me before I even started applying the scrub - lol!

The mixture itself was moist and easy to grab by the handful to rub all over my arms, legs and body. 

After massaging this scrub into my skin for 5 minutes, the mixture of the oils and exfoliators left my skin feeling cleansed, smoothed, softened and nourished.

I also felt more relaxed. Whether this was due to the action of the massage or the product itself, or more likely a combination of the two, I'm not entirely sure.

This body scrub's ingredients include sea salt, certified organic raw sugar, grapeseed oil, sweet almond oil, bamboo exfoliant, peppermint essential oil, green tea extract, passionflower extract, matcha green tea, vitamin E and sambucus nigra fruit extract.

Due to the inclusion of the peppermint essential oil this product is best avoided during pregnancy.

Matcha green tea seems to be the ingredient of the moment currently. I'm seeing it everywhere! But having now researched the benefits of it I fully understand its popularity.

Matcha green tea contains chlorophyll, a powerful detoxifier and high in anti-oxidants. It reduces inflammation and fights free radicals that otherwise would accelerate skin aging.

To read more about the benefits of all the other individual ingredients or to purchase this body scrub click HERE.

Pink Grapefruit & Passionflower Lip Balm


This soothing blend of butters, oils and extracts moisturises, repairs and protects your lips. Enriched with shea butter for added nourishment, pink grapefruit for its uplifting citrus scent, passionflower extract for its antioxidant benefits and pink clay for a hint of colour. 

Harvest Garden Pink Grapefruit & Passionflower Lip Balm

The ingredients include sweet almond oil, macadamia nut oil, certified organic shea butter, beeswax, vitamin E and essential oils.

As you can imagine with the above ingredient list this lip balm felt moisturising and nourishing on my lips. 

I've been wearing it to bed at night and in the mornings my lips have been feeling so much softer and healthier than normal!

The scent is beautifully subtly and I can only detect it when applying the lip balm.

Although the colour looks quite dark in the tube when applied I found this lip balm mainly added a clear shine with a gorgeous shimmer. I couldn't really see any colour on my lips.

To read more about the benefits of each individual ingredient in this lip balm or to purchase this lip balm click HERE.


All the ingredients of this facial masque are contained in its product title! Thus the ingredients of this facial masque are kaolin clay, activated coconut charcoal, licorice root extract and gotu kola extract.

Clay is a natural gift from mother earth that draws out impurities and toxins with its naturally absorptive abilities. 

Kaolin clay cleanses, purifies, heals, soothes and nourishes the skin.

Activated coconut charcoal helps to tighten pores, smooth the skin and reduce inflammation, which is significant in preventing premature aging. It also contains antibacterial properties making it ideal for oily and acne prone skin types.

Licorice root extract is used for soothing, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.

Gotu kola is a key element in skin repair.

Harvest Garden Kaolin & Activated Charcoal Facial Masque
With Licorice root & Gota Kola


To make up this masque you need to add one teaspoon of this clay with up to one teaspoon of liquid of your choice and then mix it into a paste before applying it to your face with the included brush. You then leave it on for 15-20 minutes and remove it before it hardens.

You can use a number of different liquids such as diluted apple cider vinegar, honey or your favourite carrier oil.

The bottle of facial masque is reportedly enough for up to 16 applications.

The first time I used this mask I added Manuka honey to it which was a bit too sticky and messy for my liking and hard to mix and apply.

The second time I added a mist toner instead and loved it! It was easier to mix, easier to apply and easier to remove! Plus my skin received the benefits of the toner and masque! I'll be using the mist toner again next time.

My skin felt cleansed, tightened, refreshed, smoothed and nourished after I removed the masque.

Now you know what's coming don't you?!! One simply cannot write a review about a facial masque without including an obligatory mask selfie - lol! So here it is! 

Would you answer the front door looking like this?

Harvest Garden Kaolin & Activated Charcoal Facial Masque Selfie

To read more about this facial masque or to purchase it click HERE.


Do you seek out and prefer natural products?

Have you tried any Harvest Garden products? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

The above three Harvest Garden products were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

70 comments:

  1. Lol!! The mask really brings out your eyes :) I've not done too many masks at all, but I'd love to do more of them to give my skin a wake up. How good does the peppermint scrub sound?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mask does match my eyes - lol! I still don't think I'd open the door whilst wearing the mask however!

      Delete
  2. I love a good mask. Particularly one where I can actually read the ingredient list! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to understand the ingredients list for a change! I really need to start using more natural skincare.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely brand! Thanks for sharing.
    I find kaolin products too strong for my skin these days however. I pass those along to my eldest though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love natural products, great find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natural skincare is so much kinder to our skin!

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried any of their products but they sound beautiful. I love anything with a lovely, natural fragrance.
    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try one of their natural soaps next!

      Delete
  6. Love my natural products! I'm keen to try some of the Harvest Garden masks (including the one you used - it really does bring out your eyes!), but I've got so many others to get through first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just recently I've started to use more Natural Products. I love what I've tried to date!

      Delete
  7. The face mask looks AMAZING! I was just thinking the other day how badly I'm in need of a face mask....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that scrub sounds amazing! Shame about the peppermint oil. THough not pregnant I'm still breastfeeding and they say to avoid similar things as you did in pregnancy so I'll need to keep it in mind to get later. It just sounds like it smells so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peppermint products always smell so refreshing! Definitely keep this scrub in mind for after you finish breastfeeding!

      Delete
  9. These products sound awesome, especially the lip balm and Peppermint Scrub. I love Harvest Garden products!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed on your blog that you'd been loving Harvest Garden products too!

      Delete
  10. I love the notion of being able to understand WHAT is going on (and in) your body. I remember - in about 1985!!! - doing a modelling course when apricot flavoured face creams or similar was big and the model school director was like... Don't put that stuff ON your face, put it IN your mouth! #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That modelling school director was before her time!

      Delete
  11. I'm always interested in natural beauty products and this range looks fabulous. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to share brands and products that I love!

      Delete
  12. That mask makes your eyes stand out - great mask selfie! lol These look like a great range of products! #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! Maybe I need to find a dress in this steel grey colour!

      Delete
  13. I loooove the look of that mask!!! xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Matcha body scrub sounds amazing! I need to try!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the sound of that body scrub, will keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm, skin care products that sound good enough to eat. I'm liking the sound of the mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I would quite eat the mask but at least I know it doesn't contain any hidden nasties in it!

      Delete
  17. I love the philosophy behind companies like this - knowing what you put on your body really is as important as what you put in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This philosophy appeals to me too! I just read on someone else's blog how a woman can ingest up to 3kgs of lipstick in her lifestyle. Stats like that are so scary!

      Delete
  18. The lip balm looks and sounds wonderful - beautiful, natural products.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Activated coconut charcoal sounds a bit fancy.
    #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really need to up my skincare game, particularly with more natural products!

    ReplyDelete
  21. yes! I've very picky about the products i use on myself and my family. I'll need to check these out.

    www.mom2hudsonandcooper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. These products look so lovely! Will definitely check them out,

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love grapefruit anything! The smell is uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yum, I love anything that smells of peppermint. There would be real danger that I'd try to eat it to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peppermint is a favourite scent of mine too!

      Delete
  25. Love a good masque and you have reminded me I'm overdue for one. Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take some time out Sue and enjoy a pampering face mask!

      Delete
  26. I love body scrubs and this one sounds amazing!!
    Thanks for linking up with All Mum Said for #MummyMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The inclusion of peppermint makes it so refreshing!

      Delete
  27. LOVE the sound of their mask.. right up my alley!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. I haven't used a face mask in ages. These sound great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth treating your skin to a mask and relaxing whilst it's on!

      Delete
  29. the idea of the charcoal mask is really interesting ! i have never tried it before. charcoal masks work great for me because i have very oily skin.

    clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have heard of charcoal masks but never used one. I don't pamper myself nearly as much as I should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love masks! Not only are they good for my skin but I find I tend to slow down and relax whilst the mask is on!

      Delete
  31. The activated charcoal mask sounds fantastic -- those are the type of masks that do really well for my oily, acne prone skin!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I haven't tried their products yet but yes I am always on the look-out for natural and organic products! xx

    #mummymondays

    Jacq
    jacqwritesworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love natural products, you'll love this brand!

      Delete
  33. When I saw your pic on IG I thought 'she is a brave woman' and you are! You look awesome by the way. Thanks for linking up for #lifethisweek 9/52. Next Week: Must Watch TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had of told me a couple of years ago I'd be putting up a photo of myself onto the internet I would have laughed at you. If you had of told me it would be wearing a face mask I would have told you that you were crazy! Now look at me!!! Unbelievable!

      Delete
  34. That face mask sounds great. It would probably be great for an at home "spa day"

    ReplyDelete
  35. No wonder you jumped at the chance Ingrid, these products have everything going for them. Incidentally I rarely leave the bedroom when I'm masking (so I don't scare the cat), no way would I answer the door! Your obligatory photo is lovely - you look so happy and healthy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. I haven't face masked in a long time. I really have to get some and treat myself. The price seems reasonable seeing you use a teaspoon at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the bottle it should last for 16 face masks and looking at how little I've used so far I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't last for even more!

      Delete
  37. I really want to try that mask! Nice pic, by the way xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love this brand so much! I tried the Coconut Body Polish and it made my skin feel amazing. The facial masque was also fab, thanks for sharing your thoughts on these too :) x

    ReplyDelete