Monday, 6 March 2017

10 Concealer Tips, Tricks & Hacks + Genie Line Smoothing Concealer Review


10 Concealer Tips, Tricks & Hacks!

You're excited about a big night out, you've bought a new outfit and gorgeous heels, all your friends will be there BUT then disaster strikes!

You've had a sleepless night resulting in dark circles under your eyes and you've developed a massive red pimple right in the middle of your face! Eeek! Why does this always happen when you least want it too?!


All you want to do is hide away until the dark under eye circles and pimple clears up but don't despair ..... read this post of concealer tips, tricks and hacks and you'll vanish those dark circles and pimple in no time at all! 


10 CONCEALER TIPS, TRICKS & HACKS!   


1. Concealer can be applied either under or over foundation. I recommend to use it over foundation however as you'll need less concealer this way.

2. Blend the concealer into the surrounding skin to avoid an obvious line.

3. Set your concealer with powder.

4. Concealer can be used as an eyelid primer to keep your eye shadow in place for longer throughout the day. It also prevents the eye shadow from settling into your creases, helps even out your skin tone and brightens your eye!

5. Line the outside of your lips with concealer using a fine tipped brush to prevent your lipstick from 'bleeding' or 'feathering'. This also helps to sharpen the line of your lipstick and accentuate the colour of your lips.  

6. The most flattering way to conceal the dark circles under your eye is to draw an inverted triangle under your eye with concealer i.e with the triangle pointing downwards towards your cheek.

7. Apply concealer under your eye using a makeup sponge for even distribution.

8. Clean up your eyebrow area and make your eyebrows pop by lining above and below your eyebrows in concealer one shade lighter than your skin tone.

9. Concealer can be used to cover up pimples and blemishes on other parts of your body too such as your chest and back. Use a concealer that's exactly the same shade as your skin in that region. Then set the concealer with powder.

10. For a natural looking highlight in your eye region use concealer that's slightly lighter than your skin tone and apply around the inner 'V' of your eye, on the middle of your eyelid and just below your brow bone.

BONUS TIP because everyone loves a bonus! 
When buying concealer test the shade on your neck not on your wrist or forearm.


Pin this post for future reference! (Pin button at side of post)


Genie Beauty Products: Line Smoothing Concealer 

Booktopia


Genie Beauty Products Line Smoothing Concealer Review


My favourite current concealer is the Genie Beauty Products Line Smoothing Concealer.

This concealer is incredibly buttery smooth in texture and glides on easily. 

Thanks to the creamy formulation being infused with Safflower oil, Sweet Almond oil and Shea Butter it gives you an unbelievably smooth finish. It is so creamy and blends well.

I found this concealer to be super pigmented, providing complete coverage and instantly eliminating the look of any dark under eye circles, freckles, blemishes, acne scarring, broken capillaries and dark spots you might want to vanish!

It is also infused with 5 anti aging ingredients designed to instantly re-hydrate and smooth your skin. This is absolutely perfect for my dry 40+ year old skin! My fine lines and wrinkles look blurred immediately!

Although my skin is not oily, this concealer is reportedly suitable for oily skin too as the product contains corn starch to absorb any oil so it reduces shine while maintaining moisturisation. 

Additionally I've found this concealer to be very long wearing and crease proof. My blemishes remained concealed all day until I cleansed my face in the evening.

The Genie Beauty Products Line Smoothing Concealer comes in three shades: Ivory, Beige and Honey. See swatches in photo below. Ivory is the best shade for my everyday concealing purposes.

These concealers are priced at $29.95 each and are available here from www.tvsn.com.au.

Genie Beauty Products: Line Smoothing Concealer Swatches

10 Concealer Tips, Tricks & Hacks!

Do you use concealer? 

Do you have any additional concealer tips, tricks or hacks to share? 

NOTE: To assist you find specials and discounts on beauty & fashion items I have started a beauty & fashion discounts & specials page which I will be updating on a weekly basis. Check it out HERE.

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

The above Genie Line Smoothing Concealers were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

87 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips. I don't use concealer ... mostly because I don't know how. Now I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only started using concealer more regularly now (instead of just on special occasions) that my skin is more mature with more pigmentation and under eye circles that I want to cover up!

      Delete
  2. The Genie concealer sounds great! Good list of tips....the only issue I have is when I set with powder I end up with more lines around my eyes :/ I've used different types of powder and nothing seems to work....luckily my undereye isn't too dark but it's annoying :/ Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a MAC powder and haven't had this problem but if it keeps happening to you I'd leave out the powder!

      Delete
    2. Please try this concealer as it doesn't fall in your lines and wrinkles! Our Genie Cashmere Powder is a really wonderful, transparent setting powder. Both are available in AU and NZ at tvsn.com.au

      Delete
  3. I would buy this simply for the packaging. How lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Concealer is an absolute must for me - great tips! I'm generally not into stick concealers but those ones from Genie sound lovely :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a stick concealer from Tarte and the L'Oreal Infallible colour correcting set, love them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt it good when you find products you love!

      Delete
  6. Great tips! Concealer has so many wonderful uses!! <3

    Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tahana! I love multi tasking products!

      Delete
  7. I'm not big on concealers. I use them more on the weekends! I have seen alot of bloggers receiving this company may need to check it out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check it out and let me know what you think!

      Delete
  8. Great tips, I'm definitely going to try out the inverted triangle tip for dark shadows ... after three children and many hours of lost sleep I feel they are now a permanent feature :) #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older I've gotten the more I tend to use my concealer!

      Delete
  9. Great post, the Genie concealers look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genie Line Smoothing concealer is a great concealer with added anti ageing benefits!

      Delete
  10. I'm loving these concealers, they have such great coverage!! Love the tips on here as well

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips! The concealers sounds amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tips! I really should use it to tidy up my bright lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank goodness for concealer. I need to use mine more. I always forget to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older I've gotten the more I've needed to use my concealer!

      Delete
  14. I need all these tips and now I need some concealer too because until I read this post, I had no idea how to use it properly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tips, love posts like this!!

    Shannon x

    www.shannongibb.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tips! I know that all concealer creases on me, so that makes it easier to pick concealers for my undereyes :)

    Maddie | www.maddiesbeautyspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Honestly what kind of life would we live if we didn't have concealer? LOL! Great tips lovely.

    Bec | Beauty With Bec

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the beautiful review. This product took 3 years to create and its so exciting to hear the wonderful feedback about the performance. My goal in creating Genie products is to develop unique, high-performance products that can save you time without compromising looking beautiful! In AU and NZ Genie products are available at tvsn.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No wonder this product is so beautiful and effective! It is now a permanent part of my makeup kit!

      Delete
  19. Great tips you've got here!!!! I love using a sponge for under the eyes :D

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you've found the tips helpful!

      Delete
  20. Can't live without concealer!! If I'm rushed but still want to feel complete I just massage concealer between my fingers to warm it up then pat it onto my t-zone and under eyes!

    Bella | www.digyhu.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving the review of Genie and the tips will help me in the long run.
    I am a concealer fan but for the past year I've mainly used BB cream (strange I know!)
    This post has inspired me to get back into more concealer use.
    Sammy | bargainbaglady.com XX

    ReplyDelete
  22. So I read tips all the time, and I'm always like *sigh* "this is such hard work, can't someone else just do it for me?" Hence, I will be training any offspring to be makeup artists who will artist me every day. ;) #lovinlife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! I'd love my daughter to become a makeup artist who could do my makeup for me too!

      Delete
  23. How could a girl possibly not manage without concealer? It is one of my favourite beauty products. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do use concealer. I couldn't live without it! This one looks really good and presented beautifully too. I'd like to give it a go. Thanks for bringing it to my attention Ingrid! #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be interested to hear how you like it once you've used it!

      Delete
  25. How timely - I just bought a new concealer this week! Can't remember what brand though ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you've found this post useful and timely! :)

      Delete
  26. Oh my goodness, for a non makeuper like me it sounds so complex haha. I guess like anything, with practice it becomes easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! The more you use makeup the more confident and skilled you become!

      Delete
  27. I don't use a lot of concealer; this brand sounds amazing. However, a little disappointed that they look a little too light for my skin.
    Lubz || http://lubzsays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To get the best results you do want the right shade for your skin.

      Delete
  28. I always use concealer to sculpt my brows! It really makes them come together nicely! These concealers look nice and perfect for my pale skin!

    Stacey x
    www.staceylouisewhite.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great trick using it to sculpt your brows!

      Delete
  29. Learning to apply concealer AFTER foundation was a revelation for me - so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could suggest something new to you :)

      Delete
  30. I need a lip concealer because I have this ugly black blemish thingy with a long name I can't remember and lipstick sorta kinda covers it but not really. Hate it. Putting it on over foundation is a great tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, reading and commenting!

      Delete
  31. Wow ... now I might actually start using concealer thanks for the great tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to have have shared some tips with you!

      Delete
  32. I love that it's pigmented and has anti-ageing properties. Sounds like a great concealer!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need all the line smoothing help I can get - lol!

      Delete
  33. Looks like a great product, but it kinda looks like that the ivory shade would be little bit darker than my actual skin.

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might get away with it under your foundation but if you can get a better match for your skin, all the better!

      Delete
  34. Thanks for these tips. There is nothing worse than having concealer which isn't blended properly - what is the point of that! Have a beautiful day.
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for the easy tips that actually make sense~!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I always do number five in the rare occasions I wear lipstick. It really does make the lips pop!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your words and pics here are so helpful for many Ingrid! Thanks for linking up #lifethisweek 11/52. Next week: Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great tips! I Love the beauty blender for blending my concealer. Nothing does the job better .

    clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. All excellent tips, Ingrid! I wish I'd learned the lip lining tips ages ago!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such good information Ingrid, and the Genie product sounds brilliant. Can't recommend Tip #5 enough - it's the secret to all my lip swatches! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. I've never heard of this line. I like the natural ingredients they use! xo

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fantastic tips! I haven't got any concealer at the moment and with a few spots on my cheeks, I am missing it to cover up before I put foundation on.

    ReplyDelete