Monday, 27 March 2017

7 Benefits of Microdermabrasion + HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion Review

Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical procedure to rejuvenate the skin by powerful mechanical exfoliation. 

It works be removing the uppermost layer of dead skin cells exposing the supple, glowing layer of skin underneath it.

7 Benefits of Microdermabrasion include:
  1. smooths your skin's texture 
  2. erases minor imperfections
  3. minimises fine lines
  4. minimises the appearance of large pores
  5. stimulates circulation & cell renewal
  6. restores a youthful radiant glow to the skin
  7. allows increased absorption & penetration of skin care products, thus increasing their efficiency.
Up to now I thought microdermabrasion was an in-salon only treatment. As a mum of three children, who also works and is a beauty blogger in my 'spare' time I rarely have time to attend a salon unfortunately. 

I was thus totally excited when I was offered the opportunity to trial the at-home HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion system.


HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion

The HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion is professional salon quality and includes:
  • two diamond tips for normal and sensitive skin
  • 4 level settings for maximum comfort
  • replaceable filters to make cleaning quick and easy
  • convenient cordless design with up to 28 treatments from a single 4 hour charge.

HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion

This treatment is surprisingly quick and easy to use typically taking 5 minutes per treatment, two or three times a week. Even I have that amount of time to spare to take care of my skin!

HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion

I was also surprised at how completely pain free this treatment is. All you feel is a gentle suctioning effect as the diamond tip moves across your skin. It was almost like a tickling sensation for me.

HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion

There are four different settings to use on different areas of your face as pictured in the diagram below. When you use the HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion for the first time you should start off on the lowest setting and then gradually work your way up during subsequent treatment sessions depending on the area of the face you are treating..

HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion

My skin didn't have any adverse reactions from this treatment. I experienced a slight reddening of my skin which is considered completely normal and this subsided within 10 minutes for me.

After using the HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion for the last month or so my skin is feeling softer, smoother and firmer. And yes, my skin is also looking more radiant!

So if your a busy mum and worker like me with no spare time to attend salons for expensive facial treatments this HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion could be the answer for you too! 

Quick and effective, it will save you both time and money, and help you achieve radiant youthful looking healthy skin in the convenience of your own home.

The HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion is available from the HoMedics website, The Shaver Shop and other good retailers.

Do you attend salons for facial treatments or 
do you prefer in home treatments? 


xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

The above HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion was kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

40 comments:

  1. I also recevied one of these to try and I love it. (Review coming shortly.) I wish I had one years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so quick and convenient isn't it! Much easier to do at home rather than spend the time travelling to a salon, searching for a parking spot (I live in Sydney - lol) and then paying a fortune!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow!! How interesting. I would definitely like to give this a go. I need all the help I can get to reduce pigmentation and fine lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older I get the more help I need too!

      Delete
  3. I have micro on a monthly basis, and love the result. I like the idea of being able to do it myself, think of the savings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Micro has so many lovely benefits for your skin!

      Delete
  4. I didn't even know you could get home treatments!! This sounds so cool! I want to pick one up to try now!!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise you could do this at home either! I'm so glad I now know!

      Delete
  5. Sounds awesome, love the lack of time required to get it done too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time factor for a home treatment vs a salon treatment is a huge advantage!

      Delete
  6. I love HoMedics (I've got the Skin Cleansing Rejuvenator). This sounds like a fabulous alternative to salon treatments - I've only had microdermabrasion done once but I'd prefer the at home option rather than strangers touching me!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good being in control of what setting you adjust the microdermabrasion to yourself as well.

      Delete
  7. Love the sound of this one lovely, I have a little bit of hyper pigmentation and spot scarring from teenage spots (you know the drill) and this looks fabulous x
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie xx
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading this post and commenting :)

      Delete
  8. Oooh that actually sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love discovering new beauty tools I can use at home!

      Delete
  9. I used to get a microdermabrasion facial once a month when I was working on the tools. Good to read that you can get the same outcome from home as in a salon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised at how quick the treatment is at home too!

      Delete
  10. This looks fabulous Ingrid, especially as its salon grade microdermabrasion - my skin would definitely benefit from this piece of kit! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone's skin would benefit from this!

      Delete
  11. I bought my daughter one of these last Christmas and she says it makes her skin look all new and shiny. Unfortunately I rarely have beauty treatments, even though I tell myself I'm going to go every month. I should invest in one of these too. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could suggest this as a Mother's Day present from your daughter to you this year! ;)

      Delete
  12. At what point are you too old for something like this? Just wondering if it's a good gift for my mum for mothers' day.
    #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what the answer is to your question. If possible I would take your mum into a store that stocks these and let her trial it to see whether it's something she would like or not. In my opinion exfoliation would be good for you at any age.

      Delete
  13. One of my friends has been using this and loving it, sounds like you do too! A stellar endorsement. I think I need to get on the exfoliating train - I too want to look radiant :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Borrow your friend's and see how you like it!

      Delete
  14. I'd love one of these. My skin could very much benefit from some exfoliation treatment but I can't afford regular salon treatments as lovely as they would be. What a wonderful product! #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all our skins would benefit from microdermabrasion!

      Delete
  15. I've always wanted to try microdermabrasion and see what it does for my skin. Thank you for your review -- very thorough and helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth trying. If you like this treatment then doing it at home is so quick, easy, effective and budget friendly too!

      Delete
  16. sold! Ill try about anything at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see that a few of the bloggers who link up have been trialling this and all seem to love it as well. Thank you for linking up for #lifethisweek 14/52. Next week: Easter

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I'm totally onboard with the 'busy mum' thing - there is so little time for a proper beauty routine in my days! I must admit it's the name that puts me off 'micrdermabrasion' just sounds so medical! But what you've described sounds very reasonable. Might give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. My beauty treatments are few and far between since kids, how I'd love a facial!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've reminded me to dig out my set! At home treatments are definitely more doable than trekking to a salon for me.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a great product, hmmm, my birthday is still 7 months away. What excuse can I manufacture?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Homedics does some great products! This one looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the fact that you can just do this at home. Sounds like a great device! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to try this! i love at home skincare treatments and gadgets and don't have a lot of time either.. this would be perferct

    ReplyDelete
  25. I barely have enough time for a haircut let alone a beauty treatment, BUT I can manage all sorts of things after hours - this is such a great idea, thanks so much Ingrid xxx

    ReplyDelete