Monday, 20 March 2017

How Lush Create Their Cupcake Face Mask

I was lucky to attend the Bloggers United AU 2nd birthday celebration recently at Lush Sydney in their beautiful QVB store.

Visiting Lush on any occasion is a pleasure with my senses always invigorated by the amazing array of divine scents wafting through the store and the vision of all the dazzling colours of their wonderful bath, body and makeup products!

Lush QVB 

This occasion was no different. The event was wonderful, mingling with other beauty bloggers, swatching, sampling and sniffing all the stunning Lush products.

One of the highlights of the event for me was watching the creation of the Lush Cupcake face mask! 

The Cupcake face mask is chocolate heaven!

It looks like chocolate, smells like chocolate, tastes like ...... NO! Tempted as I was, I didn't taste it! We were warned that as chocolatey and good as it smells and looks, it does not taste good! 

Lush Cupcake Face Mask

How Lush Create Their Cupcake Face Mask

1. Add a linseed infused cloth into the oils for 20 minutes. Then remove the cloth.
2. Tear up and then add the fresh mint leaves.


3. Add the fragrance and glycerine.


4. Add the cocoa powder, Rhassoul mud & talc mixture.



5. Mix, mix, mix, mix, MIX!


6. Divide up into individual pots.


7. Apply! Smooth a generous layer of the Cupcake mask onto your face and leave for 10 - 15 minutes. This mask is quite thick to apply and I suggest standing over a sink whilst applying so you don't drop any on the floor. 

The thickness may have just been because at the event we didn't mix it quite as much as Lush usually does - they usually use industrial mixers instead of doing it manually!

Note this mask needs to be stored in the fridge between uses and should be used up within 3 weeks.



I shared my Cupcake mask with my teenage daughter. It was quite thick to apply and we shared a laugh with both of us feeling as though we were smearing our faces with chocolate cake batter - lol! 
The Cupcake Mask is absolutely brilliant for oily and teenage skin!

It is highly absorbent drawing out and removing any dirt, oil and impurities and thus giving the skin a deep cleanse.

The fresh mint stimulates and tones the skin, whilst the linseed and cocoa butter soften and moisturise your skin. Our faces felt wonderfully cooler and calmer whilst the mask was on.


After removing the mask - what a difference! My daughter's teenage skin in particular looked so good. It looked mattified in contrast to her skin pre mask yet also felt hydrated. All the excess oil sheen was gone from her face.

Both our skins also felt smoother and softer.

I'll definitely be buying more of this face mask for us both when I finish the sample I have.
______

If you are a fan of Lush face masks SAVE this post to your Pinterest account to 
keep a record of how the Lush Cupcake Mask is created.

Pin & share buttons are on the left hand side of this post.
______

Another definite highlight of the event for me was winning a $100 Lush voucher. To win we were challenged to identify 4 mystery ingredients used in the Cupcake face mask. This challenge was obviously before we watched the making of this face mask!

A couple of the mystery ingredients were obvious such as the cocoa powder & fresh mint leaves but the linseed & shea butter weren't. The first person with the correct answers won. I was so surprised when I was the first to correctly list these four ingredients.


Lush Cupcake Mask Ingredient Identification Challenge

Of course I couldn't resist spending my voucher on the night! I was as happy as a kid in a toy store with money to spend! 

I chose to buy the massive Experimenter Box of 10 assorted bath bombs and also a slab of the refreshingly scented Sexy Peel soap.


Lush The Experimenter Gift Box

Lush - Sexy Peel Soap
Keep an eye out on my blog in the next 6 - 8 weeks for a review of these amazing 10 bath bombs!

Thanks to Lush's generosity, nobody left this event empty handed. All attendees were gifted a bag of Lush goodies as photographed below and we were also allowed to choose one additional item to take home free. I chose the Happy Hippy Shower Gel. My bathroom has never been better scented! 

Thank you so much Lush Sydney!

Lush Gift Bag

And Happy 2nd Birthday Bloggers United AU!

Happy 2nd Birthday Bloggers United AU!


If you enjoyed reading this post you will also enjoy reading:



What are your favourite Lush products? 

xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Fabulous and Fun Life

The above photographed Lush products were either  kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration or luckily won by me 
at the event as described above. All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

72 comments:

  1. I love Lush. This looks like a fun event. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lush is one of my favourite shops to visit anytime! Having the Bloggers United Au event in Lush was amazing!

      Delete
  2. What a fun event!!! The mask definitely looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells delicious too! Just like chocolate!

      Delete
  3. What a fun event that would have been and some great goodies you got there! I don't think I've ever tried anything from Lush. I must be living under a rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love divinely scented bath products you'll love Lush! I find it impossible to visit Lush and NOT buy anything!

      Delete
  4. So cool that you won the voucher! I love the products you chose. And the Cupcake Face Mask is a fave of mine, too :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely be visiting Lush to buy more of the cupcake mask once my daughter and I finish this sample of it! We both love it!

      Delete
  5. OOh definitely keeping an eye out for the Cupcake face mask next time I'm in store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant mask Beth! I'm happy to recommend it!

      Delete
  6. I almost felt like i was a part of the event. Great post 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the Cupcake face mask but it was so much more dry than the ones of display. I found it hard and messy to apply but it was worth it. It made my skin feel amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we didn't mix ours quite as much nor as well as what Lush normally do with their industrial mixer! My skin still totally benefited from this mask and I love the difference it made to my daughter's skin!

      Delete
  8. OMG it really looks like cupcakes! this makes me hungry :p and it's cool you were able to see how they make it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cupcake is one of my fave masks of all time!! <3 I went to the BUA event in Brisbane! Such a fun night! <3

    Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloggers United AU & Lush do such a great job with organising and hosting these events!

      Delete
  10. That face mask did look good enough to eat Ingrid, love that you got to see it being made too...what a fun event. xx Ps your daughter is a beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely compliment about my daughter :)

      Delete
  11. Ooh I've never tried that mask but now I want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a unique and fun yet very effective mask.

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a great event...hope to get along to one one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep an eye out on the Bloggers United AU Facebook page for when their annual ticketed event is on in your state. They are always great too!

      Delete
  13. This is great! I loved the pic of you and daughter, what a great bonding experience! I'm ALMOSt jealous I didn't grab the cupcake one as well. But I'm happy with the blueberry mask that I got! :)

    Rochelle || www.simplesocialsister.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try the Blueberry mask next too!

      Delete
  14. This is so cool showing us the step by step process! I really want to try the mask now!!
    Isabella | www.digyhu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try the Cupcake mask! It works so well especially if you have oily skin like my daughter does.

      Delete
  15. This sounds like a super fun event! My mum can tell you that their cupcake shaped soaps don't taste like cupcakes either lol! One of her students gave her one for Christmas and she thought it was real lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That sounds like something I would do! That's the problem with beauty products that look like food -lol!

      Delete
  16. Reading your post as made me now have a massive craving for chocolate!! LOL!!

    Looks like you guys had a great night.

    Bec | Beauty With Bec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cupcake mask does make me crave chocolate also! Lol!

      Delete
  17. I simply adore the fragrance of all the different products when I walk inside the Lush stores. It smells divine. Lucky you to attend such a great even and to win a $100 voucher. That chocolate mask did indeed look good enough to eat! :) #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great post!
    I love the cupcake mask it's always been my favourite xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite Lush mask too! I'm now working my way through all the other Lush masks too but I can only buy one at a time as they are all made with such fresh ingredients and no preservatives and thus only last for three weeks in the fridge!

      Delete
  19. The cupcake mask looks amazing! It looks like you had a lot of fun at the event. And I love the Sexy Peel soap!

    Lubz || LUBZSAYS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cupcake mask is so effective but being chocolate it's also so much fun to use!

      Delete
  20. I love that they shared their secret recipe with you. That's very cool. #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely of Lush to share this demonstration and recipe with us!

      Delete
  21. I love LUSH. I loved their Sylvia Stout shampoo and they kindly sent me the last bottle in the country (which I eke out for parties and special occasions.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading your blog post about receiving the last Lush Stout shampoo bottle in Australia! That was such good service you received!

      Delete
  22. What fun, I've always been curious about how Lush make those gorgeous products of theirs.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all made with such fresh ingredients and no preservatives or hidden nasties! It was good to see the Cupcake mask being made!

      Delete
  23. This event looked amazing. I follow a few girls who went and it looked so really good. I think the uk lush need to do something like this soon!

    Stacey x
    www.staceylouisewhite.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a few of these events in various different Aussie states!

      Delete
  24. Such a good post!!! Fascinating to see how their products are made! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment and for commenting Sian. It is much appreciated :)

      Delete
  25. I can't use things on my face that smell like delicious food. I'm too tempted to lick it off my own face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temptation to do just that was sooooo real!

      Delete
  26. You've reminded me I really need to buy a new mask for at-home treatments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using masks at home is so convenient and fun! I'm wanting to work my way through all the Lush masks!

      Delete
  27. Replies
    1. I totally agree! I love the look, scent and feel of Lush products! I can never leave their shop empty handed - Lol!

      Delete
  28. Oh my goodness, I don't know how you resisted tasting that mask, I would not have been able to help myself, despite the warnings!
    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the fragrance and glycerine be poured in so I did know these ingredients would not taste good! Lol!

      Delete
  29. It's very confusing making all these items look and smell like food!! I saw a few others posting about the fun on these masks. Sadly I cannot even walk into a lush store. I get overwhelmed by the smells. I do think they make everyone look LUSH!! Thanks for linking up for #lifethisweek 13/52 Next week: Daylight Saving is Over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are sensitive to scents then I imagine a Lush store would be overwhelming! Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  30. This was such a fun event! I can't wait to use my mask :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely seeing you at the event! Don't forget to use the mask! It has a fridge life of about three weeks.

      Delete
  31. I've always wondered how they make their masks! This looks super fun and I just want to eat the cupcake!

    xo, Gillan

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ooh, you had me at cupcake! Love the pic of the both of you with the mask on, very cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I wish I had this experience as well. It looks like fun day and great chance to try something new! I loved to read this post

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wasn't it a blast Ingrid! So happy to see you again, and you'd never guess this was a mother/daughter photo - you look like sisters! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. I thought I commented.. losing my memory. ugh. I've never tried Lush! I love the sound of the chocolate face masks! xo

    ReplyDelete
  36. I havent tried any Lush products, but how i would love to! The face mask sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  37. It was such fun event! great photos Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete