Monday, 10 April 2017

Weleda Tinted Lip Balms - Natural & Vegan - The Perfect Casual Weekend Lip Look

On weekends I tend to wear less makeup whilst I'm out and about with my children, as opposed to when I'm at work. 

At these times I tend to go for a natural look with a 'less is more' approach wearing SPF50+ sunscreen, BB cream and lip balm.

So my lips still have a subtle hint of colour and don't look completely bare I prefer to use a tinted lip balm rather than a completely clear lip balm.

As a result I was excited to see the press release about Weleda releasing a trio of new tinted lip balms.


Weleda Tinted Lip Balms in Rose and Nude

The Weleda tinted lip balms come in three shades - nude, rose and berry red.

I was lucky to be gifted the nude and rose shades by Weleda which I've been using and loving and I will definitely be purchasing the berry red shade too as it is normally the berry shades of lipsticks that I tend to gravitate towards the most especially during the autumn and winter seasons.

These lip balms add a hint of colour with a beautiful subtle sheen.


Swatches of the Weleda Tinted Lip Balms in Nude and Rose


Please note the above swatches were quite densely swatched especially towards the bottom of the swatch. When applying lip balm to the lips it is usually smoothed out thinner than in the above swatches. As a result the subsequent colour on the lips is a bit more subtle than in the above photo.

I found the Weleda lip balms to be light and creamy in texture. They are extremely easy to apply thanks to both their formula and their convenient squeezy tubes. The lip balm glided on smoothly and felt wonderfully hydrating and nourishing leaving my lips soft, protected and soothed.  

Weleda is renowned for it's focus on beautiful natural products using the finest organic, ethically sourced, sustainable ingredients wherever possible.

The ingredients of these lip balms are no exception. They include:

  • certified organic olive oil from Spain
  • certified organic shea butter from Burkina Fusa
  • certified organic rose extract (rose absolue) from Turkey, &
  • certified organic sunflower seed wax from Hungary.
With these ingredients it's no wonder my lips felt nourished and hydrated!

These lip balms are also:
  • 100% certified natural colour 
  • NATRUE certified
  • suitable for vegans
  • gluten free
  • dermatologically tested &
  • suitable for sensitive skin.
I suspect these lip balms will be finding a permanent home in my handbag, car and bathroom, if I can protect them from my 17 year old daughter who will no doubt be wanting to pinch one or more to wear to school!

These lip balms have a recommended retail price of $15.95 each for a 10 ml tube. They are available from April 2017 from David Jones, selected health stores, pharmacies, online stores and www.weleda.com.au.



Weleda Tinted Lip Balms in Rose and Nude


Weleda lip balm hacks - In addition to using these lip balms on my lips as intended I have also worn them:
  • over the top of my lipsticks for an additional subtle sheen, & 
  • as a dewy highlighter on my upper cheekbones.
xxx
Ingrid.

You can also find Fabulous and Fun Life on:

 Instagram:

Pinterest:

Facebook:
Booktopia

The above Weleda tinted lip balms were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. 
All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.

50 comments:

  1. Oh these look lovely! I gravitate towards the lighter end of the palette, these will be great for winter AKA Dry Lip Season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a tinted lip balm, they work for me as I am not a fan of dark lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lip balm is LIFE for me - without it my lips would cry themselves a river! I swear I need a GPS for them because I sometimes lose them around my house. I do like tinted lip balms, but prefer them with an SPF to protect my lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lip balms in quite a few of my handbags and gym bags! Sometimes it's a mystery which lip balm will appear in which bag!

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful brand! I haven't tried these yet but I am certainly keen to. Lip colours are essential for a healthy look, something I am always chasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that Victoria Beckham is a fan of these lip balms too!

      Delete
  5. I love the Weleda brand. I'm never without a lip balm so these tinted ones look grat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weleda Skin Food has been a staple in my beauty routine for a long time which is another reason I was excited to try these Weleda tinted lip balms.

      Delete
  6. I never tried Weldra but I always hear that it are fantastic products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weleda is such a tried and tested brand with great products! It's been around for over 90 years!

      Delete
  7. I love lip balms and love that these are in a nude shade. Definitely on my must try list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These sound like they'd be perfect for you!

      Delete
  8. Omg these are gorgeous, I love the rose shade! x Thanks for sharing! x
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie xx
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a good lip balm and they look perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lip balms are my saviour especially in the colder seasons!

      Delete
  10. I prefer my lip balm in a stick, if it's in a tube I just get it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These tubes are okay but I know what you mean.

      Delete
  11. I love a good lip balm - perfect for weekends. Thanks for sharing these. #Team Lovin'Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the Rose one. Didn't think to use it as a highlighter!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rose is my favourite too but I really want to try the berry red one next!

      Delete
  13. When I hear about beauty products being 100% natural I'm more inclined to purchase these nowadays. They would be perfect for the colder weather when my lips tend to get dry. :) #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a scary stat about how much lipstick and lip balm the average woman eats in her lifetime and after this I prefer 100% natural too!

      Delete
  14. I love lip balms and those shades look lovely! Extra bonus that they contain natural ingredients. I'm particularly fond of lip balms during winter when the cold and the wind dries my lips out. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh they look cute. I prefer a bit more colour on my lips but they look like they'd be a nice top up layer over a matte lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, you can easily use them for layering!

      Delete
  16. I can't live without any lip balm longer than an hour. I do like the rose shade and I think it could give a nice color to natural lip color.

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everyone should have macaroons with their lip care products. In fact, that should be a law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I only go into the city occasionally nowadays but when I do the lure of Laduree is hard to resist!

      Delete
  18. Never tried this brand before, they look amazing!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend trying these. Weleda is such a great company with a strong focus on beautiful natural products.

      Delete
  19. I just realised I don't really use lip balm except for the pawpaw one over winter. The rose one looks really nice though

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh these sound perfect for me. I love a subtle colour and also a great idea to use as a cheek highlighter as well. Thanks for the review.
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm loving these at the moment, such gorgeous shades and so hydrating as well! I was actually wondering if they would work as cheek colours too...I'll have to try that! x

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look lip smacking good! Thanks for sharing! Thank you for linking up for #lifethisweek 16/52. Next week: A.N.Z.A.C. Day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am in need of some new lipbalm. Tinted lipbalm is what I need to buy next I think. I've been known to use them as subtle eye shadow colour too :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have been seeing these so much on Insta lately so I am so excited to see some swatches!! I love the look of Rose :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. How delish! Always after an extra enriching lip balm Ingrid - my lips flake and peel all year round, but in Winter, they shrivel up completely. These sound so lovely, thanks babe xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lip balms are essential for me too in winter!

      Delete
  26. Normally I am a matte finish kind of gal but I love that nude!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have not heard of this brand before, but I love the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These look lovely - I've got so many friends who love this kind of sheer lip gloss. It will be interesting to know if the berry one is slightly more intense in colour! Make sure you update the post please!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this brand but i have never tried these before! I like to wear less makeup on the weekend and i want to check these out.

    clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. These look so subtle and pretty some days I'm looking for something to wear like this!

    Taslyn| www.hiddenbeau-t.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this brand. Will have to check these out! xo

    ReplyDelete